In QuickBooks for Mac, choose File Open Company, select the MAC.qbb file, and then click Open. Click OK on when asked if you want to restore a QuickBooks for Windows file. Enter a name for the restored file, and then click Save. Depending on the size of your data file, the conversion process can take up to ten minutes. ˆ To send the ﬁle back for use on a Mac, follow the instructions on the other side of this card. 1 Intuit QuickBooks 2012 for Mac.qbb ﬁles can be restored in Intuit QuickBooks Pro, Premier and Premier Accountant Edition 2012 for Windows (U.S. Versions, round-trip: between Mac and Windows). Converting a QuickBooks ® ﬁle from Mac to Windows. Manually converting your QuickBooks for Mac file to QuickBooks Online is not that difficult, as long as you carefully follow the instructions and generally takes about 30 minutes. You cannot directly convert your QuickBooks for Mac file to QuickBooks Online. Note: It is important to keep in mind that you must use the same version of a Mac-based and Windows-based version to convert and open the file in the later system. For example, if you are using QuickBooks for Mac 2017, the receiver must use QuickBooks for Windows 2017 for seamless operation.
On your Windows computer
- In QuickBooks for Windows, open the company file you want to convert.
- Choose File > Utilities > Copy Company File for QuickBooks Mac. Follow the onscreen instructions. QuickBooks creates a MAC.qbb (backup) file.
- Copy the .qbb file to a CD or USB drive or some other media. (Most Macs read and write data to and from PC-formatted media.)
Quickbooks Desktop For Mac
On your Mac
- In QuickBooks for Mac, choose File > Open Company, select the MAC.qbb file, and then click Open.
- Click OK on when asked if you want to restore a QuickBooks for Windows file.
- Enter a name for the restored file, and then click Save.
Quickbooks For Mac Download
Depending on the size of your data file, the conversion process can take up to ten minutes. When conversion is complete, QuickBooks opens the file.