Today, on my birthday, I awoke to my iPhone notifying me that I had over 60 postings on my Facebook wall (all before 7:00am!). As I went through my morning routine I scrolled through the numerous birthday wishes, and it was a pleasure to see so many people wish me a happy birthday, many of whom I have not seen or spoken to in person for many years.
- Today, on my birthday, I awoke to my iPhone notifying me that I had over 60 postings on my Facebook wall (all before 7:00am!). As I went through my morning routine I scrolled through the numerous birthday wishes, and it was a pleasure to see so many people wish me a happy birthday, many of whom I have not seen or spoken to in person for many years.
- Isn’t giving presents supposed to make us happy? After all, the Bible does tell us that it’s more blessed to give than to receive. Of course, in psychological terms, it’s a bit more.
- Make the birthday celebration even more special and throw a party with a purpose. Do some truly thoughtful things for the guest of honor and for a cause close to their heart - a philanthroparty of sorts! Throwing a charity themed party is a unique birthday party idea and guests will be more than happy to both attend and help a cause.
I have always made a habit of using my birthday as a time of reflection. This year I was struck by how much my life has changed during the past few years, and how many new friends I have made along the way, and how many I have lost touch with.
My twin brother and I on our first birthday
Happy birthday, dear. Your quick recovery is as important as your birthday. May you enjoy many more years in good health and sound mind now and always. Happy birthday, dear friend. Birthday wishes for a Friend Hospitalized. So sad to hear that you are in the hospital. I wish you a speedy recovery and a pain-free birthday. Happy birthday, dear. Your vision of the perfect birthday may include celebrating with your besties at a trendy bar, lots of confetti cake, and a #fire selfie on the 'Gram to mark another fabulous year around the sun.
As I look through my Facebook friends list, I can warmly remember the good times, and the bad times, that I spent with each person. Each person that I have had the pleasure of knowing thus far has played an important role in my life, whether they be family members, childhood friends, work friends, undergrad/law school friends, Masonic brethren, or even those that I have met through this blog or other websites. Each of these people have provided shoulders to lean on, provided gentle (sometimes not so gentle) nudges in the right direction, provided attentive ears and sage advice, and most of all filled my life with joy. Even the “bad experiences” have worked out in the end, and have provided important life lessons.
As far as reflecting on my life’s journey it is astounding how much my life has changed in the past few years. Just during the past five years alone I have gotten married, been blessed with a son, graduated from law school, and joined the world’s oldest fraternity, and almost completed a comparative religion book (still editing), all of which have been important milestones and blessings in my life. Inevitably as I have matured and my life has become more and more hectic, my circle of close friends has become smaller and more closely knit, and I seem to have far less free-time than I did in my younger years. However, I feel as though I am more confident, happy, and comfortable with who I am as a person than I have ever been before. This is due in no small part to those people who have supported me during my upbringing, teenage years, education, career, and especially on my spiritual path.
Given the fantastic journey I have been on, and with the continued support of my friends and family, especially my wife Jessica, I am excited to see what the future has in store, but I am more than happy to simply enjoy living in the now, and the many blessings that surround me.
Practical Tip: Enjoy the company of friends, and enjoy the path of life. If you follow your heart, and have the support of friends and family, there is no telling where your path will take you.
My friend Matt Anthony and I (I guess I have a thing for shamrocks… but hey I’m Irish!)
If you enjoyed this piece, please share on social network sites, subscribe to this site, and share this site with others!
Also please check out my book, “The Path: Using the Religions of the World as a Guide to Personal and Spiritual Development.” (Click on the book cover to view on Amazon.com)
Birthdays are a time for celebration, and they are a joyous occasion. If a loved one is celebrating their birthday, then you should take the time to send them a little note. It does not have to be long, but it should be full of warm birthday wishes. This is your chance to show someone you care by sending them a little reminder that you are thinking of them on their birthday. It does not matter how you do it whether via text, email, or regular mail. The important thing is that you do it with conviction and love because a birthday is a wonderful time to show you care. Feel free to use the following birthday quotes for inspiration as you craft a lovely little birthday message to your loved one.
Top 10 Famous Birthday Quotes
- The best birthdays of all are those that haven’t arrived yet.
- You are only young once, but you can be immature for a lifetime.
- Age is a matter of feeling, not of years.
- A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.
- The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.
- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened.
- Live your life and forget your age.
- A birthday is the first day of another 365 day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip!
- You only live once, but if you do it right once is enough.
- The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.
Unique Happy Birthday Sayings
- Birthdays are incredibly special, and I know it will be fabulous even though you are so far from me. I hope you have the best birthday ever my friend.
- Best wishes for your big day! I hope this message finds you surrounded by people you love as you celebrate your birthday in style.
- I cannot wait to celebrate your birthday this evening. It is going to be a celebration that nobody will ever forget!
- There is nothing better than having amazing friends like you. I just want to wish you an extraordinary birthday that is full of joy and surprises all day long.
- It is so hard to believe that you are another year older! Of course, you do not look a day over 18 if I say so myself. Happy birthday dear friend!
- Here is my birthday wish to you: I hope you continue to live the wild and beautiful life that you have for the previous (age) years.
- I want you to know that I love you so much, and I am glad you are spending your birthday with me this year.
- What can I say? I hope you have a kick ass birthday this year full of extravagant delights. Happy birthday amigo!
- Here is a simple birthday message: May you have the best birthday ever surrounded by family and friends who love and celebrate you today!
- Family birthdays are always my favorite because it’s always fun to see our elders get drunk. I hope we can do that again this year. Happy birthday (familial relation)!
- What do you say we get out of here and go celebrate your birthday already? I know a great place where we can welcome your new age with style.
- Little girls always dream for all their birthday wishes to come true. I know you are not a child anymore, but I do hope you continue to dream of great things on your birthday.
Birthday Giving Party Teach To Be Happy Birthday
- I can only imagine the funny quotes you have heard over the years about birthdays. So, I will keep this simple and sweet: happy one year older my friend!
- What is better than a lovely birthday wish from the ones you love? I know I could not be there in person, but I hope this message and gift find you in joyful spirits.
- I imagine that you are going to have a fabulous birthday with all of your family and friends gathered around. Thank you for including me in the celebration. Happy birthday my dear!
- Let’s party like its 1999! It might be way past the date, but we can still celebrate like you used to when you were younger- happy birthday!
- I wanted to avoid getting you a birthday card with a sappy message. That is why I am sending you this instead: have a freaking awesome birthday, crazy person; love you!
- The birthday card aisle is full of notes and sayings that are little too corny for my taste. I am glad we have evolved past the stage of getting each other horribly sappy cards. That said, happy birthday!
- What gets older each year without looking a day over 20? You, of course! I hope you have a fabulous birthday!
- We promised to spend your birthday finishing our bucket list. Here is to one crazy ride with the best birthday girl/boy around!
- I cannot imagine celebrating a friend I love more. Happy birthday!
- I hope all your birthday dreams come true because you are such a peach, happy birthday!
- I hope to be celebrating right along side you during the entirety of the birthday festivities. This year will be even better than last!
- I just hope the next (age) years are full of laughs and love because I cannot imagine it any other way. Happy (age) my friend!
- Love is the most important thing anyone can have in this world, and I am glad to call you mine. Happy birthday, my love.
- You deserve all the happiness in the world, and I am glad I get to be by your side as we celebrate you on the day of your birth.
- Here is to the next (age)! I hope to be there until the end.
- You have to drink (age) shots. It is your birthday after all, wild one.
- Can you imagine a better way to spend your birthday? I hope today is amazing!
- A birthday is the one day you can act like royalty and get away with it. Happybirthday, mylord/lady.